On March 8, 2014 we will shut down the entries and open up the polls on the NuVera website for everyone to vote for their favorite version of this item. All of the entries will be on display in Deviedna's public area, St Patrick's Day Event Room for the entire week starting on this date.
The winning entries will receive the following;
1ST Place: 500 NN, A first place trophy.
2ND Place: 250 NN, A second place trophy.
3RD Place: 100 NN, A third place trophy.
All other entries will receive 100 TT to use towards NuVO Market items or their hobbies and crafting skill.
On March 15, 2014, around 6 PM (18:00) EST, Deviedna and EzSilver will be co-hosting the event in their "St Patrick's Day Event Room" public area. Check the Event planner under Socialize in the client to find out times when the event will start.
If you are on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Koinup or any other social media link the following image or share from the NuVera Online accounts on those websites and link to this forum post with it.
We’re are very excited to introduce the B.O.B.B.. Don’t know who or what B.O.B.B. is? Well it’s the Battery Operated Buoyancy Board of course! We worked very hard last week to get this great new vehicle out the door and we have to say we had a lot of fun designing, tweaking and testing this great new ride.
The B.O.B.B., more simply put, is a hover board that allows for a smooth ride over bumpy terrain and even over water. For an extra dash of fun there are retro rockets attached for an awesome burst of speed. Simply left click while cruising around and you’re speed momentarily skyrockets up over 150 mph which makes it great for stunts and jumps. The retro rockets do require a couple of seconds to cool off before uses to avoid overheating and potential explosions.
As with the NuVO Zip there are a variety of starter skins and we’ve also updated the editor to allow for custom paint jobs from our developers. If you’re a developer, be sure to check out the new texture maps for B.O.B.B. which can be used to create awesome new skins for the catalog.
It's Monday which means we have another client update. We want to thank our users for giving us some great feedback and letting us know about what needs fixing and tweaking. This is mainly a fix release, but we also made a quick update to Sunset Isle.
Fall In Sunset Isle
It's that time of year and some of the trees in Sunset Isle have started changing color. We also added some great performance tweaks to Sunset Isle so it should run much smoother now.
Recently NuVera was met with an early attempt at being hacked. This is not unusual, particularly when a website starts to become more and more popular. What helped is that both Tim and myself are very attuned to NuVera. Within an hour of the initial attack we not only locked them out but also found and repaired the accounts they attempted to utilize for their evil deeds.
The program they were using is called a Brute Force password hacking program. An easy password can be hacked in less than 5 minutes. A more complex one can take days, even weeks, at which point most hackers will skip it and move to the next to find the easy passwords. As this type of hack does not involve hacking the website there is not much we can do to prevent this, unfortunately, but there is something you can do.
When you are creating a password you should be very aware of what you are using. It should never include things that are personal to you, or easy. There are some great suggestions online from websites like About.com and others that will walk you through some great tips and tricks to creating a password that is less likely to be hacked. I don’t recommend actually using their examples. You want to make it unique to you.
We need everyone, regardless of how old or new your account is with us, to come in and change your password. It will only take a moment but will save you a great deal of potential stress.
We have set the passwords to be forced to a minimum of 8 digits. This is a great start to securing your account. You can find a great password generator online as well. One example is the Strong Password Generator website. These types of sites generate a random set of numbers and letters (both upper and lower case) and by how many digits (characters) you wish to use. If you have to save this new password somewhere do so offline, be it a note book (the kind you actually have to use a pen and paper with), a sticky on your monitor or whatever helps you to remember what it is. This way you won’t have to try to remember and then reset your password to something easy again, which of course would defeat the purpose of this whole process. Saving it to your phone or on your computer somewhere can also defeat the purpose since if your system gets attacked then you still run the risk of having your password spread around to groups of hackers. Read More...
There haven’t been client updates in the last few weeks, but we’re happy to announce a new release which brings a lot of new features. There are some bug fixes and minor updates, but there are three main new features.
As mentioned in a previous Developer Journal we’ve been working to improve what users see when logging in to the NuVera Online client as well as merge interfaces that had previously been separate and somewhat confusing.
The new destination screen is a one stop shop for everything about your places, user public places as well as NuVO places. The new interface is presented when first logging in as well as can be found by clicking the Destinations button in the top menu bar.
We’ve also spent some time updating the Knowledge Base with new tutorials covering the various sections of this new interface.
User Inventory Update
While the new inventory interface is mostly the same there are a couple of new features. The most important new feature is the ability to remove items from your inventory. This includes objects, clothing, animations and accessories. Clicking on an item in your inventory you will see the new trash can icon at the top right of the window. Clicking this will present a new confirmation screen and allow you to remove that item from your inventory.
This is permanent and can not be un-done so be careful what you choose to remove. Should you decide at a later date you want that product again you will need to re-purchase the item from the catalog.
The other new feature to the Inventory is the ability to remove currently worn clothing/accessory items. The wear button will turn into a Take Off button when that clothing item is being worn. This makes trying on various clothing/accessory items much easier.
Also introduced in this update is the brand new NuVO Market. This new window can be accessed by clicking the NuVO Market button in the top menu bar in the client. At the moment the NuVO Market includes items that were previously purchasable via the retail catalog which has been replaced by this new interface.
We will be adding additional items to the NuVO Market which will be purchasable via NuVO Notes as well as the in world currency called the Treasure Token. Treasure Tokens are currently only earned by completing achievements, but in a coming update we will be adding Hobbies which will be a fun and exciting way of earning Treasure Tokens in world.
We’re always working to improve client side performance. In this new client version we’ve made some improvements to how product textures are loaded to decrease memory usage which should result in faster loading as well as better performance.
Unfortunately we had to disable the voice chat feature in the client as it was causing too much memory usage and in some cases causing client crashes even when not utilizing this feature. Once we’re able to work out the kinks we will enable it again.
We made various visual changes to the interface to make some windows look more appealing and noticeable. We will be making additional minor changes like this over time to further improve the functionality of the client interfaces.
Please read the release notes below for a full list of updates and changes.
- Replaced destination screen with new places interface. Users are no longer limited to just going to one of their environments or Tutorial Island.
- Removed Go Home button from main button bar. Click Destinations and Enter Home to get back home.
- Friends List button in main bar changed to Social
- Friends List button now under Social
- Events button now under Social
- Catalog button now opens the new NuVO Market which introduces the new in world only currency called the Treasure Token.
- Catalog button renamed to NuVO Market
- User inventories have been redone to be compatible with how inventory is now stored on the server.
- Can now remove items from inventory using the trash can icon
- Clothing items can now be taken off from user inventory instead of having to right click your avatar or open the What Am I Wearing interface.
- Create Event preview window buttons changed to make more noticeable
- Look of various floating windows changed to make header/boundaries stand out more especially when overlapping another window
- Improved caching of product icons to reduce load times.
[User Public Places]
- User Public Places rent is no longer paid for using the NuVO Notes Pool. The NuVO Notes Pool has been removed and a new rental interface added which allows users to pay rent per week as well as in advance of up to 5 weeks. NuVO Notes are taken from your regular NuVO Notes balance and there is also a new automatic payments option.
- User Public Places now under Destinations window and has spiffy new look
- Added additional User Public Places categories
- Voice Chat feature disabled as it was causing excessive memory usage and in some cases resulting in client crashes
- Update to how textures are loaded to reduce memory usage
- New securities added to server requests
- When creating an event the day drop down value won't reset to 1 when changing other values
- Create Event preview card correctly expands to show more info when info button is clicked
- NPC dialog text no longer cut off on last line of text.
- Performance improvements to Sunset Isle
- When applying an avatar title it no longer appears above your own avatars head and in the wrong direction/style
- In some cases the recall retail item button would remove additional retail items of the same type. For example recalling a regular ATM would also recall other ATM variations (FMX/Evil Credits) Read More...